Lee County is fortunate to have a very strong hospitality industry. We must all take a moment to insure that we as an industry are prepared to deal with a major storm or other emergencies that may interrupt our ability to do business. The Visitor and Convention Bureau has put together this booklet so that you can use it as a guide to develop your own disaster preparedness plan. This guide will enable your organization to get back to what we do best, providing a safe, relaxing environment for our guests. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Pam Brown (email@example.com).
To locate your business for evacuation zones, routes, and public shelters, please download the attached document Evacuation Routes/Information. This is a public document and can be distributed to your guests and visitors.
We suggest that all hotel and attraction executive and management personnel complete the Tourism Industry Contact Form. This information is kept strictly confidential within the crisis staff of the VCB – used only during a time of emergency. This assists the VCB in obtaining information or relaying information to or from your property should a crisis occur.
Please visit Lee County Emergency Management http://www.leeeoc.com/ and/or National Hurricane Center/NOAA http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ for more information on current weather updates and emergency information.
- Lee County Emergency Operations Center – LeeEOC: www.twitter.com/LeeEOC
- FEMA: https://twitter.com/fema
- South Florida Water Management District: www.twitter.com/SFWMD
- Florida Power & Light (FPL): www.twitter.com/insideFPL
- Weather Channel – Jim Cantore: www.twitter.com/JimCantore
- Lee County NewsPress: www.twitter.com/thenewspress
- WINK News: www.twitter.com/winknews
Lee County Emergency Management
- Visit Florida https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/florida-now.html
Florida Department of Transportation
State of Florida Emergency Management
State of Florida - Government
National Hurricane Center/NOAA
Intellicast weather website
Boat US Hurricane Resource Center
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Association)
Department of Homeland Security
FPL Storm Center: