Celebrate with us!
E Awards Program Description
Have you experienced unbelievable customer service in the Fort Myers area?
We know you’ve met some of our customer service professionals who have made your experience as a visitor or local resident more rewarding because of the outstanding assistance they have provided. Or you work with colleagues or have staff members who have gone “above and beyond” what was expected for your customers and deserve to be recognized. No matter their profession – taxi drivers, housekeeping staff, cashiers, police officers, airline agents, nurses, reservationists, front desk agents, and countless others – if their service made you feel good about being in Lee County, we want to hear about it!
- The front desk clerk who took extra special care of you when you checked into your hotel.
- The co-worker who not only promised to get an order to a customer quickly, but called to make sure they received what they asked for.
- The waiter who remembered your likes and dislikes when dining, without being prompted. No matter how often you changed your mind.
- The receptionist who not only greeted your clients with a smile but kept them informed about scheduling changes. Then offered refreshments.
- The clerk who helped you with directions, then gave their name and phone number in case you needed further assistance.
Nominate that employee for the E Awards, which honors excellence through extraordinary service and dedication.
Goal: To increase public awareness of the outstanding customer service being provided by Lee County hospitality professionals.
Purpose: To recognize those employees within the hospitality and allied industries who positively impact a visitor or resident’s experience in Lee County.
Who is eligible to be nominated: Employees who work in hospitality and allied industries in Lee County.
Who can nominate: Anyone who experiences exceptional customer service and who wishes to recognize the individual responsible.
- Good Samaritan
- Other Services/Businesses
- Service satisfaction – going the “extra mile”.
- Leadership work ethic – willingness to help; attitude; problem-solving.
- Job knowledge – how their performance skills and creativity affected their service.
- Fort Myers - Islands, Beaches and Neighborhoods awareness – familiarity with and promotion of Lee County.
- Compassion – helping during a crisis or emergency without expecting or needing thanks just because you care.
Nominee recognition: The individual you nominate may be recognized at the annual E Awards as an Elaine McLaughlin Outstanding Hospitality Service Awards winner. A winner in each category will be announced, with the Honor of Distinction awarded to one nominee who best represents extraordinary customer service throughout Fort Myers' islands, beaches and neighborhoods.
We are accepting nominations for the 2024 E Awards! How to nominate: Complete your nomination online by clicking EAward Nomination Form. For more information, call Visitor Services at 239.590.4855 or click here.
Save the date for the 24th annual E Awards: Thursday, Aug. 22, 2024 at the Caloosa Sound Convention Center!