Education & Resources
Guidelines for Rental Properties
VCB Website - VisitFortMyers.com
The Lee County Tourist Development Council (TDC) and the Visitor & Convention Bureau (VCB) have developed the following Guidelines to assist Lee County properties to determine whether they are eligible to be placed on VisitFortMyers.com to promote their business to potential visitors.
- All accommodation owners requesting to list their business on VisitFortMyers.com must be licensed with the State of Florida department of Business and Professional Regulation, pursuant to Chapter 509, Florida Statues, and must be a Lee County Bed Tax Collector.
- Accommodations must have a local phone number and address, where guests may contact the owners if there is a problem with the unit, etc. or where Lee County may contact the owner regarding the renter, should there be a need to do so.
- Listings on VisitFortMyers.com are for properties with at least four units. Single units or rentals are not eligible.
- The units must be handled locally. If the units are listed with a property management company, Web listings will be under the main property management company.
- Units must be rented on a year-round or short-term basis. Short-term refers to properties being rented for six months or less.
NOTE: The Visitor & Convention Bureau has no legal requirements to include anyone on its Website.