Education & Resources
How to Take Full Advantage of VCB Programs
To continue to set our area apart as a premiere travel destination, we have to work together at new levels. We can achieve maximum efficiency by breaking down silos and strengthening our collaborative efforts across the destination.
Here are some ways you can get involved with the VCB:
Contribute to tourism development
- Find ways to collaborate to foster increased tourism, including packaging tourism product offerings with other area businesses and special event organizers.
- Help educate elected officials and opinion leaders on the importance of tourism to our economy and quality of life.
- Protect, support and promote the infrastructure that sustains tourism, especially our precious beaches.
- Initiate green-friendly practices in your professional and personal life to help sustain our tourism offerings.
Whenever possible, piggyback on the VCB’s efforts
- You can do so by simply calling our destination Fort Myers - Islands, Beaches and Neighborhoods - the name we are using to brand our destination among visitors – in all of your marketing materials.
Participate in future Team Tourism programs
- To view a schedule of upcoming programs and register for them, click here. To suggest a topic for a future program, email VCB Executive Director Tamara Pigott at email@example.com.
Respond to VCB emails that ask for a variety of information, or alert you to a special promotion
- Make sure that we have your contact information in the VCB database so you are included in our outbound email distribution list. Contact Erin Junkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amanda Auer email@example.com to add your name or business.
Participate in promotions with the VCB
- To receive information on VCB promotional opportunities, contact Brian Ososky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update your business listing on VisitFortMyers.com
- The VCB provides a content management system that allows partners to ensure their information on VisitFortMyers.com, and in printed materials, is accurate. If you do not know your password, you can contact the VCB or click on “Register” or “Forgot Your Password” on the Industry Partner Login page.
Participate in the co-op advertising program, track results and provide feedback
- Attend the annual Co-op Rollout meeting held in August where you will receive information about cooperative advertising programs available to participate in. For more information contact Josh Lambert at email@example.com.
Provide us with quality photos of your property
- Send hi-res photos to Brian Ososky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regularly update your consumer-oriented Special Offers and Packages that appear on VisitFortMyers.com
- Consumer Special Offers and Packages can be uploaded by logging in to your listing on VisitFortMyers.com, the same site that you update your information for the website and travel guide. If you have additional questions, please contact the VCB.
Provide us with news about your business or property
- We can help spread the word about renovations, new projects, packages and special events. Please send all announcements to Ray Sarracino at email@example.com.
Keep the VCB updated on any personnel changes or other key changes new to the destination
- If you are a current partner and have updates in personnel or other key changes please contact Erin Junkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amanda Auer at email@example.com.
Participate in domestic and international media and travel trade familiarization (FAM) trips
- To find out how you can be more involved with domestic travel trade FAM trips, contact Jill Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For international travel trade, contact Charm Evans at email@example.com.
- For media FAM trips, contact Ray Sarracino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use VCB collateral provided to industry partners
- The VCB offers a variety of brochures, maps and postcards that industry partners may utilize for selling initiatives. These include destination rack brochures, the “Concierge Visitor Guide” that provides destination information only, and an area map that can be sent to travel agents for their clients and to meeting planners for their delegates and outbound initiatives. We also carry a variety of postcards that may be used in-room or as a promotional item. Collateral may be ordered in bulk quantity. Please contact Erin Junkin at email@example.com.
Participate in booth-share opportunities at domestic and international consumer and travel trade shows
- The travel schedule will be presented at the annual Co-op Rollout meeting or you may contact Jill Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in booth-share opportunities. For domestic consumer and travel trade shows booth-share opportunities, contact Jill Vance at email@example.com.
Enlist employees in the Guests First customer service training program
- Guests First classes are held throughout the year. For more information about the program, contact Nicole King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participate in the Annual Elaine McLaughlin Outstanding Hospitality Awards to reward and recognize tourism employees for the exemplary customer service they provide to visitors to Fort Myers' Islands, Beaches and Neighborhoods.
- To learn more about the E-Awards or obtain nomination forms, please contact Simone Behr at email@example.com.
Keep the VCB informed of special guests arriving at RSW for meetings or conferences
- To inform us of important arrivals at RSW, please contact Pam Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Utilize VCB Conference Services
- Our Conference Services support is available for meeting conference registration, welcome bag assembly and other special assistance. If you desire assistance in preparing or staffing for an event contact Pam Brown at email@example.com.
Use the Visitor Services Department and information on VisitFortMyers.com as a resource to assist your guests with disabilities who require special assistance
- If you have questions about disabled access in our area, contact Visitor Services at 239.590.4854 or contact Simone Behr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use LeeVCB.com as a source for industry information
- LeeVCB.com provides detailed information on the VCB, special events, statistics, guidelines for business listings on the VCB’s consumer Web site and Visitor Guide, media releases, newsletters and much more. It is the industry’s exclusive site for information!
Visit our current beach conditions page for information on water-related issues
- If you have any questions regarding water quality or information about how you can be better informed about the impact water quality has on our industry and destination, visit VisitFortMyers.com. Please contact Nancy MacPhee at email@example.com with other questions.
Work with the VCB team to ensure you have an up-to-date crisis management plan
- If you need assistance developing a crisis management plan click here or contact Pam Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host a FAM for VCB staff and/or Tourism Ambassadors at your business
- To host a staff FAM at your business, contact Jill Vance at email@example.com. To host the Tourism Ambassadors, contact Simone Behr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tap into the VCB’s Speakers Bureau
- Tap into the VCB’s Speakers Bureau for presentations about the tourism industry, trends and the work of the VCB. For more information contact Simone Behr at email@example.com.
Tourism is a key element in creating a better way of life for Lee County residents and its visitors. More importantly, it’s the backbone of our local economy. These are just a few ways you can do your part to foster tourism development. We hope you’ll get involved in whatever way you can, and we look forward to seeing you at an upcoming Team Tourism Program.