Many of our shell-strewn beaches are now open. Please be aware that our area is still recovering from Hurricane Ian and some locations may look different right now. We encourage you to review this list to help you make the best of your next beach day.
- Beaches and beach parks have not been restored to pre-Hurricane Ian conditions.
- Facilities and beach accesses are limited (you may need to walk further than you used to).
- Some amenities such as restroom facilities, piers, and walkovers have not been repaired or replaced at this time.
- Debris continues to wash onshore and quickly may be obscured by sand.
- Debris can still be found in near-shore areas, such as dunes or mangrove-lined coastlines.
- Beach shoes are highly recommended.
- Closure signs are posted where necessary so we ask you please adhere to these cautions.
- Please respect posted wildlife areas and dune vegetation.
- Swim at your own risk.